Say hello to your new favorite smoothie!
This acai cherry smoothie will knock your socks off!
The sweet tart cherries, blended with the delicious berry flavor from the acai, and creaminess of the bananas create a dream in your mouth!
This recipe is so simple you only need 5 ingredients and 5 minutes! It is perfect for those days you are in a rush and want something nutritious and filling.
Both cherries and acai are filled with antioxidants! I spoke about the benefits of the acai berry in my acai smoothie bowl recipe a few days ago.
- reduce belly fat
- support healthy sleep due to its levels of melatonin
- lowers your risk of having a stroke
Basically add cherries to your diet (now)!
I also included chia seeds, because I try to add them to everything (seriously -everything). I decided to use coconut milk. I find it creamier and richer than almond milk and prefer it in my smoothies.
I topped it off with coconut shreds, hemp seeds, walnuts and more fresh cherries! These are completely optional. I just like the fancy effect it gives, and honestly it makes for one bad ass instagram picture!
I hope you all enjoy this delicious smoothie as much as I did!
If you decide to make this I’d love to hear about it! Comment below and tell me your favorite smoothie! Tag your recreations on instagram using #deliciouslyalethea! Don’t forget to rate and share!
Peace, Happiness & Love
- 10 cherries rinsed and pitted (feel free to use frozen cherries)
- 1 tbsp acai powder
- 2 frozen bananas (use 1 if you want it less creamy)
- 1 tsp chia seeds
- 1/4 c coconut milk
- Toppings (optional)
- 1/2 tsp shredded coconut
- 1/4 tsp hemp seeds
- 1/4 tsp walnuts
- 1. Add cherries, frozen bananas, acai powder, chia seeds and coconut milk to a high powered blender. Blend until smooth. Taste and adjust flavor and/or consistency if necessary.
- 2. Blend on high for 1 - 2 minutes to make sure everything evenly blends together and the acai powder is evenly dispersed throughout the mixture.
- 3. Pour into your favorite glass. Add toppings of your choice and enjoy! Best if served immediately. Leftovers can be stored in the refrigerator for up to 24 hours.