I don’t know about you, but I prefer a quesadilla over a taco any day! There are so many cool ways to make them.
This week I wanted to try something different. I had a ton of black beans, and fresh tomatoes from the market. You can only do Taco Tuesday so many times. I decided I was going to make quesadillas instead!
A brief look through the fridge and I realized I had all the ingredients to create! Like an excited child in a candy store I got to chopping and combining. I made a whole video on snapchat about it, haha! If you don’t follow me on snapchat, make sure to do so. I am usually on there making what ends up being a recipe on the blog.
Anywhooo, these just might be the best quesadillas I’ve ever had. The combination of the fresh tomatoes, black beans and corn bring together a complete fiesta in your mouth!
Make this weeks Taco Tuesday a Quesadilla Tuesday with these black bean quesadillas. Bonus points – no one will even know its vegan :-)!
If you decide to make this I’d love to hear about it! Tag your recreations on instagram using #deliciouslyalethea I’d love to see them! Don’t forget to rate and share!
Peace, Happiness & Love
- 1 package of small soft taco shells - I used the small fajita pack
- 1 red onion chopped
- 1 tsp minced garlic
- 2 tbsp of chopped green onions
- 1 can black beans (drained and rinsed)
- 1/2 c corn
- 1/2 - 2 tomatoes diced (vary's on the size of the tomato)
- 2 tbsp chopped cilantro
- 1 packet sazon goya seasoning
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- a pinch of salt & pepper to taste
- 1. In a large pan heat oil and add garlic and onions. Cook until onions are translucent and garlic is golden.
- 2. Add in chopped green onions. Cook together for 1 minute stirring frequently
- 3. Add in black beans, corn, tomatoes cilantro and seasonings. Stir well and cook for 1 minute.
- 4. Take pan off heat. Pre heat your non stick skillet
- 5. Taking a spoonful of the mixture add it to your shell folding it in half.
- 6. Place quesadilla in heated non stick skillet, Cook on each side for 1 minute. Serve and enjoy!
- Feel free to add any vegan cheese of your choice (optional)
- Serve with a side of your favorite guac!