I should start this post off by saying I apologize for my long absence away from here! I did not intend to be gone for so long. But life always has a funny way of taking you in a different direction.
When I started this blog I wanted to share my recipes. I did that for about two months, with no issue. Around that time I also started my youtube channel (we will get into that later). Creating videos was something I have wanted to do for YEARS! I realized as I started to do more videos, that I found youtube a bit more interesting then blogging. So of course I gave 100% of my time to the videos.
A few weeks ago I asked myself why I wasn’t blogging anymore. I mean what is the point of having this site up if you aren’t going to use it, right?! I realized I didn’t want to blog because I felt I had nothing to say. What’s the fun in just putting up an awesome recipe, if I have nothing of value to say?! I know many people don’t read the blog post behind the recipes. But I happen to be a person who enjoys the whole sha – bang!
If you follow me on instagram (which you totally should it’s #foodporn heaven over there – @delicouslyalethea), you might notice I usually have A LOT to say! Unfortunately instagram kind of limits you on how much you CAN say. So I am often left having to sum up what I really wanted to say. Which brings me to today! I know many food bloggers probably share a short excerpt about their day or life, then discuss the recipe and it’s ingredients. If that’s what you are into then this is not the blog for you. I have way to much to share that goes beyond food. I refuse to limit myself just because I create recipes.
Here is to a NEW beginning and a fresh start! I want to be real, and I hope you all enjoy this journey we are about to go on! As well as learn some dope recipes, that you may be able to incorporate into your life. I plan on changing the entire layout of this page, since we are starting fresh. So don’t be alarmed if you pop by and it looks completely different, lol!
Vegan Pizza Anyone?
As for the pizza recipe, well this was my first time EVER making pizza from scratch. This recipe is a work in progress but I do hope you all enjoy it. I think I did not add enough water into the mixture. Feel free to add as much as you need.
Don’t forget to watch the how- to video on my youtube channel . Make sure to subscribe for all my delish vegan recipes!
PS – I have to work on the recipe card because the calories seem WAY OFF! So don’t be alarmed by that!
Until next time my fabulous friends!
Peace Happiness & Love,
- 2 3/4 c bread flour
- 1 tsp fast acting yeast
- 1 tsp salt
- 200 ml water (add more water if needed)
- 1 1/2 tbsp olive oil extra for dusting
- Pizza sauce
- Spinach & arugula
- Assorted tomatoes
- 1/2 red onion
- Salt & pepper to taste
- 1. Pre heat oven to 400' F line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- 2. In a large bowl add dry ingredients. Whisk together. Create a well in center of mixture. Add olive oil and water. Mix well until you have a nice dough.
- 3. Place onto a lightly floured surface. Kneed dough until smooth. Put dough in a lightly oiled bowl. Cover, set aside and let rise (about an hour).
- 4. Knead dough and roll into a large oval. Lightly coat with olive oil Add tomato sauce and then veggies. Season with salt & pepper. Bake for 20 - 25 minutes or until crust is golden and base is cooked.
- If you find dough is not sticky enough, feel free to add more water.