Who doesn’t love pancakes? If you don’t love pancakes, I’d skip to the next recipe and seek professional help ASAP! Slightly kidding, not really kidding! I for one am a firm advocate for pancakes. They are one of the most important food groups, I assume! Right up there next to pizza!
Since becoming a vegan making pancakes has become extremely fun, because I play around with different ingredients to see which ones work to create the perfect pancake. I actually used to hate making breakfast. It just was not my thing. For one I am not a morning person. As much as I try to be one, I just do not function before 8 am. I respect anyone who is able to be up early and be productive! Breakfast for me used to be something quick that I could grab and go, or it would be non existent (don’t skip breakfast, it is the most important meal). I appreciate breakfast so much more now, and I try to make it as interesting and fun as possible. It helps when it looks cool too!
These strawberry stacked yummy fluffy pancakes literally take about 10 minutes to make. They are perfect for a Sunday brunch, or just something different to try especially during the summer months! I hope you enjoy these as much as I did. Trust me I truly enjoyed every single bite!
Recipe adapted from Oh She Glows Strawberry Shortcake Pancakes
- 1 1/4 c flour (I used whole wheat)
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 c sugar (brown , cane or coconut)
- 3/4 c non dairy milk (I used coconut milk)
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 tbsp agave nectar (or maple syrup)
- 3/4 c warm water
- Sliced strawberries for topping
Strawberry Cream Topping
- 1/2 c frozen strawberries
- 1/2 c frozen bananas
- 2 tbsp coconut milk
*Blend ingredients together in a food processor
- in a large bowl whisk dry ingredients together. In another bowl mix wet ingredients together. Add dry ingredients into wet ingredients. Whisk until lumps are gone.
- In a preheated skillet (add oil to pan) add 1/4 c of pancake batter to form a circle. Cook on medium heat until small bubbles appear on top. Flip pancake and cook until golden brown (approximately 1 minute each side depending on your stove top)
- Top pancakes with sliced strawberries between each layer. Add strawberry cream topping and maple syrup.
Peace, Happiness & Love