Am I the only one who thinks about what I want to eat all day?! From the moment I wake up I am planning out my meals, like an assistant plans a schedule! The other night I knew I wanted alfredo, since I hadn’t had it in quite some time. The thought of creating a non dairy alfredo sauce honestly got me so hype I knew I had to make it ASAP! I opt’d out of using the traditional linguine or fettuccine pasta and used small shells. Feel free to use whatever pasta makes you happy. This sauce blew my mind. If you think you can’t enjoy the foods you used to have before becoming a vegan or changing your diet to a healthier one think again. Vegans can eat everything and more. Plus remixing food is so much fun! My mouth is watering just thinking about this recipe. I may have to make it again lol! Let’s get into it! I hope you enjoy it as much as I did! Do not hesitate to tweek it to your taste and liking!
Vegan “Chicken” Alfredo
- 1 box small shell pasta
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 4 tbsp minced garlic
- 4 tbsp all purpose flour
- 2 cups non dairy milk (I used almond milk)
- Pinch of sea salt (to taste add more if you’d like)
- Pinch of ground white pepper (to taste add more if you’d like)
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1tsp chopped onion seasoning
- 5 – 6 tsp of nutritional yeast (to taste)
- 2 c soaked cashews
- 2 c spinach
- 1 c chopped scarlet pearl grape tomatoes – sliced in halves
For topping (optional)
*Gardien meatless chick’n strips
- Cook pasta according to instructions on the box
- Heat a large skillet on medium heat. Add olive oil and garlic. Stir it together fast because you do not want it to stick to the pan or burn.
- Slightly reduce heat. Add milk, then slowly add flour whisking ingredients together so they do not clump. Cook for an additional minute or two until fragrant.
- In a high powered blender add cashews (soak them over night, or boil them in water for 45 minutes to soften them). Transfer mixture to blender. Add garlic powder, chopped onion seasoning, nutritional yeast, salt and pepper. Blend together until smooth and creamy. Adjust seasoning if necessary until it taste how you want it to.
- In another pot add spinach and tomatoes. Cook until tender. Transfer pasta and alfredo sauce to pot. Stir together and cook for 2 minutes over medium heat.
- Top the pasta off with the Gardien chick’n if you’d like
Serve & Enjoy
Peace, Happiness & Love